Friday, October 2, 2015

Next bikes - wish list

Both of us are riding bikes that have been modified for touring. We're ready to make the jump to dedicated touring bikes. So, here's stuff we'd change.

Correct bike fit: 
Trudy's bike is a men's frame, so she may be a little more stretched out and lower than optimum for touring. Maybe flat bars? She doesn't ride in the drops much at all.

My bike is a 'cross bike, so the frame angles are for quicker handling. I want more neutral handling and a more upright riding position.

Front rack and panniers for me. As much for organizing stuff as for weight distribution. There's stuff like cold weather clothing that I've only used two or three times that takes up room.

A bigger gear range for Trudy. Mine's a pretty standard mountain bike set up with a triple up front and works well for me. I don't know the numbers, though.

Disc brakes. 

Pedal choice?

Internal cables to solve problems with handlebar bags?

Maybe couplers to make shipping bikes easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment