Friday, October 2, 2015

Non bike notes

Frank is letting me write in his blog (whoo hoo!) so I thought I'd take advantage of it. :-)  I have a few notes on my non bike list of things to consider for the next trip. If you backpack, our lists should sound very familiar. Here we go:

With only one set of maps, we'll copy them for the other person to have and follow. Frank has the originals but I miss having a set of my own

Bring state maps along, maybe with appropriate sections cut out. Sometimes we don't know where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Bring my foldable backpacking bucket for washing clothes

Ova Easy egg crystals, instant eggs! Thanks Evelyn!

Binoculars!

We've had trouble finding dehydrated vegetables in the stores, so for the next trip I will dehydrate more vegetables (hopefully from our garden) along with cooked tuna, chicken, and will try dehydrating cooked hamburger.

Lastly, we're considering bringing a back up stove. Does that sound familiar, Leilani? ;-) Each would have different fuel--one solid fuel, one canister or an International Whisper lite which uses white, car or kerosene gas

No comments:

Post a Comment